Monday, April 30

Moodymann gets a workover...


Right, lets keep this short and sweet. I received my copy of the brand spanking new Moodymann 12" on KDJ late last week and thoroughly expected to be blown away after all the hype saying "return to form", "back at his best" etc. etc. And I was. Sort of. It's a great piece of Jazzy house but I couldn't see myself playing it. That thought is the usual trigger for firing up Ableton and getting a track into some sort of DJ-friendly arrangement. So that's what I did. Bam!

Moodymann - Technologystolemyvinyle (Ali's DJ Friendly Edit)

4 comments:

crybo said...

Nice, went to see Moodymann at the Tramway a few weeks ago. He played a great set but unfortunately hid behind a screen... what's that all about?

Aliooft said...

That's his usual DJ thing - think he does it for most gigs. I saw him at the Indian Summer festival last year where they couldn't put a screen up. What did he do? Stuck a white towel on top of his head!!

gary gillespie said...

is there a why i can get this? please let me know Thanks Gary.

Jockey said...

Love tracks no-dj-friendy, that's the beauty :)